Since my daughter, Brittany, has been obsessed with all things Japanese for quite a few years now, I'd heard of matcha powder. We actually bought some about a year ago and used it to make matcha ice cream. While she wasn't able to use matcha powder in her cooking contest at the county fair a couple of years ago, she enjoyed using it at home.
I'm not the one to run after the latest health craze (or any craze at all...there's a reason why it's spelled C - R - A - Z - ...well, you get the picture, right?).
But we have used matcha powder in our home.
| || |
The most recent brand of Matcha Green Tea Powder our family has used is by Kiss Me Organics.
I like the fact that it has been organically grown and prepared for culinary use!
It's simple to use: just open up the package and measure out a small amount, from 1/4 tsp. to a couple of teaspoons in recipes. While it may seem expensive for one pouch, it lasts quite a while since such a small amount is used per recipe.
We used Kiss Me Organics Organic Matcha to make Sparkling Matcha (a non-alcoholic beverage) to accompany our Pan-Fried Matcha Chicken for dinner. See my recipes below!
Pan-Friend Matcha Chicken (Low-carb, gluten-free)
adapted from Kiss Me Organics' "Organic Matcha Recipes" to fit the Trim Healthy lifestyle plan of eating (E)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 egg, blended
- ½ Tbsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil, butter, or olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. kosher salt or Redmond's RealSalt
- 2 tsp. Matcha
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- ½ Tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. lemon zest or 1 tsp. lemon pepper
1. Cut chicken breast down the middle, or butterfly it so it has a more uniform size.
2. In a shallow bowl, combine almond flour, cayenne pepper, matcha, cumin, salt, pepper, and lemon zest (or 1 tsp. lemon pepper).
3. Place gently whisked egg in second shallow bowl.
4. Dip each piece of chicken into blended egg.
5. Dredge egg-coated chicken through the almond flour/seasoning mixture until it is completely covered.
6. Add oil of your choice to a large skillet over medium-high heat.
7. When oil is shimmering, place the chicken in skillet and cook 4 to 6 minutes on each side or until a meat
thermometer reads 175° - 180° F, depending on how thoroughly cooked you prefer your chicken.
8. Transfer to a rack or plate with paper towels to drain excess oil.
Makes 4 servings.
Sparkling Matcha (non-alcoholic, no-sugar, low-carb beverage)
Sparkling Matcha ((low-carb; gluten-free)
adapted from Kiss Me Organics' "Organic Matcha Recipes" to fit the Trim Healthy lifestyle plan of eating (Fuel Pull)
2 tsp. warm water
sprinkle of salt, to taste
4 ice cubes
¾ cup sparkling water
1 lime wedge or 1 tsp. lime juice
stevia extract or liquid stevia drops, to taste
1. In a tall glass, stir warm water, matcha, and a sprinkle of salt until blended.
2. Add ice cubes to glass and slowly add sparkling water.
3. Stir until blended and squeeze lime wedge on top (or add lime juice).
4. Blend in stevia extract or liquid stevia drops, to taste.
5. Taste and add additional lime juice, salt, and/or stevia, until it's just right for you.
Free PRINTABLE Recipe book for using Matcha:
Kiss Me Organics is providing a FREE download of their recipe book right now! This enables you to have access to some really amazing recipes for drinks, smoothies, breakfast, meals, and desserts!
Just click on the recipe book image on the left, or the "FREE download" link, above.
In summary, there are so many health benefits to adding matcha to your diet! With this free recipe book from Kiss Me Organics, you'll find many new uses for delicious green tea matcha. Some people may need to acquire a taste for matcha, while others will enjoy it the first time they try it. It is a unique flavor that I enjoyed back in 1993 when I traveled in Japan with a group of fellow teachers, and I'm enjoying trying new recipes so I can begin to incorporate matcha into our regular meal plans. Yum!
I'm so excited about the Matcha offer. I've been wanting to try it for a while and just kept putting off ordering it. I just placed my order for the Buy 1 Get 1 50% off. Thanks so much. Do you use the special Matcha whisk? I didn't order one but am now wondering if it's needed.
Leave a Reply.
Hi! I'm Julieanne!
You'll find me in the kitchen
trying new Trim Healthy Mama recipes, loving God, and carrying out that love as I bless my husband and teen daughters.
Joy In Our Journey on:
Joy In Our Journey's
latest blog posts, freebies, and more!
Joy In Our Journey